Performs phlebotomy and skin punctures on patients according to phlebotomy protocol to obtain suitable specimens for accurate clinical results for patient diagnosis. Collects specimens through proper handling protocol to ensure viability of patient specimens, as well as accurate clinical results. Performs clerical duties to receive, identify, accession, and process specimens using established protocols to facilitate timely and accurate test performance.
ANN G WOODSON
2410 MCCALLS WAY
CLARKSVILLE, TN 37042
I am searching for a position in a hospital or clinic setting, preferably 2nd shift, PRN, weekends or nights, where I can utilize my education and skills as a Certified Phlebotomy Technician, a Certified Medical Assistant, an EMT Basic I and a US Army Veteran, while I finish my education.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Capable of demonstrating active listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Able to provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
AUSTIN PEAY STATE UNIVERSITY
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION
EMT BASIC TIER 1
CENTRAL TEXAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISANT
MANDL COLLEGE OF ALLIED HEALTH
PUBLIC HEALTH SPECIALIST
US AIR GUARD, 118TH AIRLIFT WING, MEDICAL GROUP, NASHVILLE, TN 08/2013-PRESENT
TRISTAR CENTINENNIAL, ASHLAND CITY TN 08/2013-PRESENT
AVIONICS COMMUNICATION REPAIR SUPERVISOR
US ARMY, FORT CAMPBELL, KY 07/2002-06/2011