Joseph L Johnson
Joseph L. Johnson
Clarksville, TN ● (931) 338 -1277● firstname.lastname@example.org
A dynamic and motivated human resource professional seeks to grow 15 years of experience employed with an industry-leading employer. Remarkable history of success in employee relations, staff recruiting/retention, benefits and payroll administration, health & safety, training & development, HRIS (Taleo, Kronos, Oracle, ADP), onboarding, and records management. Demonstrated success in training and development, fulfilling successful diversity initiatives, ensuring compliance with corporate policies, and management reports. Bachelor of Science in Management and Organizational Development and Masters in Human Resources Management from Bethel University. Hard-working and goal-oriented, with the experience, education, and communication skills to make an immediate positive impact in any team.
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
Hendrickson Trailer Commercial Vehicle Systems, Clarksville, TN – Multiple Positions 2003-Present
Assistant, Human Resources-(2015-2016)
- Assisted HR Manager with associate relations activities, including “on –the-floor” visibility and approachability.
- Attracted applicants and determine qualifications by conducting interviews, tests and reference checks.
- Conducted quarterly plant-wide communication meetings.
- Processed all unemployment claims and requested appeals when necessary.
- Maintained attendance record keeping system for 400 plus employees
- Managed training plan to include scheduling and tracking completed training
- Facilitated new-hire orientation program, which included HR policy and procedure information, and access to company resources.
- Facilitated hiring process, reviewed and posted job requisitions, confirmed open allocations, reviewing applications for completeness, and other similar tasks.
- Point of contact with temporary work forces, internal/external job postings, scheduling interviews, and verification of educational degrees including continuously re-evaluating hiring criteria by analyzing position requirements with Hiring Managers and Area Leaders.
- Supported employees with benefits and payroll questions including, time off requests, LOA and established policies, benefits, forms, records and practices. Ensured timely resolution of all employee issues.
- Managed Contractor Safety program that evaluates and regulates contractor work practices ensuring company and regulatory compliance through demonstration of a safe work culture.
- Assisted EHS Representative as back-up for entering incidents and employee injuries into Industry Safe and administering Workers Compensation case management services ensuring best interest of employees and employer.
- Maintained world class safety performance that continues to meet the criteria and qualifications necessary to remain a site participant in OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program since 2010.
- Collaborated with EHS Representative for internal H & S assessment audits within Hendrickson manufacturing and distribution sites.
- Led Hendrickson Trailer Clarksville, TN site’s wellness initiative and collaborated with cooperate Wellness Director ensuring continual development and implementation of the wellness program for all Hendrickson Trailer, Clarksville site employees
- Assisted management with writing effective and accurate job descriptions, requisition process and approval, salary administration, etc.
Gas Welding-Machine Operator (2011-2015)
- Safely and efficiently operated, repaired, and maintained state-of-the-art industrial Gas Welding machines equipped with two or more welding torches.
- Laid out fittings and tack-welded work pieces together.
- Removed surplus flux, slag and splatter, using a wire brush, portable grinder, and hand scraper.
Lead Material Handler (2007-2010)
- Managed 15 employees ensuring safe and timely lifting, transporting, storing and loading of materials and products by use of conveyors, cranes, hoists and industrial trucks.
- Co-led Hendrickson Trailer Clarksville, TN site in achieving Star Demonstration within OSHA’s VPP(Volunteer Protection Program)
- Significantly improved productivity by training, developing, and managing a team of 15 material handlers.
- Problem solved to facilitate conflict resolution and interpret/enforce new policies and safety regulations.
- Coordinated across 6 departments to improve the flow of materials and restructure old processes.
Technician, Shipping/Receiving (2003-2006)
- Managed the development of 3 shipping and receiving clerk trainees to significantly improve productivity.
- Composed accurate and detailed records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Developed and applied knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates to determined shipping methods.
- Maintained an inventory of shipping materials and supplies while preparing items for shipment.
Career Note: Additional position of Real Estate Agent (2007), Assembler/Material Handler for Hendrickson Trailer (2001-2003), and Sales Associate, Furniture Sales Department, for Big Lots, Inc., (1999-2000) in Clarksville, TN.
Masters of Business Administration, Human Resources Management- Bethel University (2015)
Completed OSHA’s 10-Hour Occupational Safety and Health Training Course (2014)
Bachelor of Science, Management and Organizational Development - Bethel University (2012)
NJCAA Basketball Scholarship recipient -Northwest-Shoals Community College (2006)
Member, Society for Human Resource Management (2016)
Volunteer Team Leader, Relay for Life Fundraiser (2015)