2267 Ermine Drive ~ Clarksville, TN 37043
Worked in the clerical and administrative field in positions of increasing responsibility with the TN Department of Labor & Workforce Development - Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health (TOSHA) Division
07/10/2011 – August 16, 2016— Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development-
Occupational Safety and Health (Administration)
Administrative Services Assistant 4
ASSISTANT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE TN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH DIVISION (TOSHA)
- Assist the Administrator by managing deadlines and assuring investigations and correspondence to the complainants and respondents are completed timely under TCA 50-3-409.
- Mail all necessary documentation to complainants and notification letters to respondents within 48 hours of filing of discrimination complaint, and then assemble the case file.
- Tracks and manages deadlines on time-sensitive correspondence and maintains files for all discrimination cases. Update case file information within 48 hours of receipt of required documentation from complainants and respondents.
- Enters discrimination case information into the Federal OSHA Whistleblower system once the case is assigned for investigation and copy all contents of the file and mail or email to appropriate personnel assigned to investigate case.
- Maintain discrimination data logs in order to keep track of required requested correspondence from complainants and respondents and the due dates. Keep Administrator informed of past due dates.
- Once complaints are screened and/or investigated, update case information in the Federal OSHA Whistleblower system, the Discrimination log, and file all cases.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly strategic planning report for the TOSHA division.
- Query the federal OSHA computer system to gather raw data and calculate rates to be reported on the Division’s Tier II and Tier III strategic plan reports to the Commissioner’s office.
- Track safety and health related complaints received from the federal OSHA website and perform a monthly reconciliation of these complaints with the monthly management report provided by federal OSHA.
- Screen complaints sent electronically from Federal OSHA for subject matter and forward complaint to the proper management staff.
SUPERVISION OF DIVISION TIME AND LABOR (EDISON)
- Serve as Time and Labor Administrator for the entire State of Tennessee TOSHA Division by training and assisting approximately 100 employees which includes managers, supervisors and employees in all aspects of Edison as it relates to time and leave entry.
- Oversee the timely completion of leave and attendance into the Edison System statewide.
- Supervises the functions of leave and attendance data entry into the Edison system for the
- TOSHA Division statewide.
- Maintains the attendance and leave report filing system.
Manage all HUMAN RESOURCE transactions for the Tennessee
Occupational Safety and Health Administration Division
- Ensure that the filling of vacancies is handled according to the policies and procedures of the State and Department with regard to Civic Service Registers and the contact of eligible candidates.
- Code the Registers after they are processed and return them to the H. R. section within the deadline.
- Properly notify the list of eligible applicants and schedule interviewing times with the appropriate staff State-wide.
- Handle all personnel transactions such as appointments, promotions, transfers, and dismissals and ensure that all proper forms and appointment documents are processed and submitted within the 20-day deadline set by the H.R. division.
- Work with the Department Human Resources Division to answer any personnel-related matters and problem solve.
EXECUTIVE COORDINATOR FOR THE TENNESSEE SAFETY AND HEALTH CONGRESS
- Coordinate and manage all of the activities leading up to the Congress and at the event.
- Assemble all pertinent information relating to the Congress and send a blast email out to potential speakers and exhibitors for the Congress.
- Responsible for processing all registrations which are received by mail, on line or as “walk ins” at the Congress including receiving and posting all money that is received and sending confirmations of payments, booth assignments and registrations to exhibitors and attendees. (The annual revenue from the Congress is approximately $250,000.)
- Work diligently with the hotel staff to plan a reception with food, two sit-down lunches, and a Board of Director's Dinner.
- Mail invoices to attendees contributing to the sponsorship of the VPP breakfast.
- Responsible for estimating the number of people served and creating the menu for each event.
- Make room assignments and all hotel reservations for the Board of Directors, and any speakers or guests chosen by the Board.
- Responsible for notifying all of the speakers and obtaining resumes from them to be included in the program and for their introductions at the workshop.
- Design the program and work with the printer to insure that the programs are correct.
- Plan the opening and closing sessions concerning time and program content.
- Work with an outside vendor to design a new computer system for the conference registration. (This system is separate from the State computer network.)
- Work with an outside vendor to design signs for the workshops and to decorate and set up a 50,000 square feet exhibit hall. Work with the Administrator of TOSHA (Co-Chair of Congress), to assign the TOSHA staff duties for the Congress.
- Work closely with the Treasurer of the Congress to insure that all bills are accurate and paid in a timely manner.
- During the Congress, direct other Board members in the registration process.
- Before the Congress, direct four or five members of the TOSHA staff in preparing information to take to the Congress.
- Responsible for tracking the Congress's web site and to assure its accuracy and to initiate changes to update the information when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the TN Safety & Health Congress website.
- Serve as the contact person for the Board of Directors and plan all Board meetings, which involves securing locations for meetings and contacting hotels and restaurants concerning lodging and meals for the Board members.
- Throughout the year, be available for team and treat employees with respect. Inform employees of job performance. Provide continuous constructive feedback, coaching, and recognition.
- Fully complete the performance evaluation process for each direct report to include a job planning discussion, two interims, and a formal evaluation.
- Complete Career Service documents in Edison.
- Provide on-going feedback to continue high performing behaviors to include two (2) formal interims and one overall evaluation per year.
- Provide and schedule backup personnel for the TOSHA telecommunications system in the absence of the main telecommunications person.
- Notary Public--Notarize documents for the TOSHA Division which also includes documents presented to be notarized by the TOSHA Legal section.
- Responsible for effectively communicating departmental and divisional policies and directives with staff.
04/2010- 07/9/2011— Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development-
Occupational Safety and Health (Administration)
Administrative Services Assistant 3
- Maintains management data reports to assist the Asst. Administrator in managing the discrimination section of TOSHA by tracking and managing deadlines on time-sensitive correspondence. Maintains files for all discrimination cases.
- Assists the TOSHA Assistant Administrator in the preparation of the monthly strategic planning report for the TOSHA division by gathering raw data and calculating the rates to be included in the report.
- Assists the TOSHA Assistant Administrator in developing procedures for implementing new or changing existing administrative programs and activities, including federal OSHA and state policy changes.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of personal contacts with other agencies in interpreting and enforcing pertinent policies and procedures and resolving problems and issues encountered or associated with all phases of the Edison Project.
- Manages the telecommunications system for the TOSHA division by running and distributing state-issued phone reports for the division state-wide and ensures the phone reports are checked for accuracy and signed by each employee.
- Contacts a variety of government agencies, hotels and travel agencies nationwide for the purpose of arranging travel accommodations for the TOSHA Administrator and Assistant Administrator.
- Track complaints received from the Federal OSHA website and perform a monthly reconciliation of these complaints with the monthly management report provided by Federal OSHA. In the absence of the Assistant Administrator, assigns OSHA complaints to the proper personnel.
- Acts as back-up person in processing penalty payments and standards books and A/V purchase payments and forwards to Fiscal Services division.
- Acts as an administrative services officer in the TOSHA division by training and assisting managers, supervisors and employees in the new and changing administrative services program (Edison) by serving as the Division Time and Labor Administrator.
10/2004 – 4/2010—Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development-
Occupational Safety and Health (Administration)
Administrative Services Assistant 2
- Acted as the administrative services officer by training managers, supervisors and employees in the new and changing administrative services program.
- Assisted the Administrator and Assistant Administrator with travel to include hotel, airline, and car rental reservations.
- Assisted in implementing new or existing programs or activities.
- Performed Data Entry into the State system
- Maintained personal contact with other agencies in resolving problems with different programs within the division and served as division contact person for the Edison Time and Administration program.
- Administered letters to complainants and companies in the general public in job discrimination cases.
- Ran and distributed phone reports for the division.
- Acted as back-up person to process penalty payment checks by entering into the State Fiscal System and forwarded monies to Fiscal Services Div.
- Participated in the preparation of a variety of pertinent records and reports
- Communicated managerial directives to division personnel and assisted in their enforcement.
- Composed letters that are used as standard form letters to the general public as it related to discrimination cases.
- Associates Degree in Business Management – Draughon’s Business College, Clarksville, TN
- High School Diploma, Clarksville High School, Clarksville, TN
CERTIFICATIONS, CERTIFICATES AND SPECIAL TRAINING
- Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) – Institute for Certifying Secretaries
- Word Perfect Training
- Excel Training
- Files Systems Management
- Effective Time Management
- Proofreading and Editing Training
- Time and Attendance Training (Edison Program)
- Human Resources Training
- State of Tennessee Notary Public
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Works well without supervision
- Ability to prioritize and remain focused on the essence of an issue
- Skilled at learning new concepts quickly while working well under pressure
Both professional and personal references available upon request